-

-
Targeted by a Hobbyist, or a Franchisee
How circumstances combine to affect how we cope and what we do: inequality, stalking, deception, getting conned, false representation in some form, coercion.

A right to Privacy, or one to Snoop?
Protect those you care about!

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Eavesdropping & Security

Hello. My name is Billie.

Today I posted a couple of comments on a site about eavesdropping and security by Bruce Schneier at https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2005/10/eavesdropping_t.html 

{Search Amazon for books by Bruce Schneier on Security http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bruce-Schneier/e/B000AP7EVS/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1445276627&sr=1-1 

See also https://www.schneier.com/about.html }
+ + + + +

A post towards the end of the page on eavesdropping from 2012 described pretty much what I became aware of during the last month, in a small home I was moving into over a period of time. Someone with no further need for it made it over to me, which I thought was the nicest thing anyone could do!

Not much had been done to it for a few years, and I gradually found people who could do a few basic tasks to keep it going a while longer, which all took a lot of waiting around until things worked out.

I had read about people who felt they were targetted in some way for harassment, in the street, in their homes or whatever. During an ordinary working life I experienced being in some groups that were supportive, and some that were vindictive, but mostly they were run-of-the-mill with usual ups and downs. I have done things I realise were selfish or tactless, but nothing worth being attacked over.

So what happened in the nice small home I had hopes and plans for? It was pleasantly situated in a village similar to the one where I had grown up and biked around.

No comments:

Post a Comment