-

-
Targeted by a Hobbyist, or a Franchisee
How circumstances combine to affect how we cope and what we do: inequality, stalking, deception, getting conned, false representation in some form, coercion.

A right to Privacy, or one to Snoop?
Protect those you care about!

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Snooping, Stalking or Avoidance

I am in the UK, and by coincidence the series 'CSI Cyber' with Patricia Arquette started airing last night on Channel 5. It explains a great deal about the types of technology that can be used, alone or in conjunction with each other or with other people. I am more cautious about using Wi-Fi on the affected property, just mainly watching TV or DVDs, and hoping they tire of what they are doing. I do not take it quite so personally, though wonder why anyone would want to peer into a tiny bedroom at 3.00 am night after night.

I try to keep my reactions low key, but I will make my point from time to time that I am aware of something going on. And do not like it! I do not have money to get an electronics expert in to check more what is happening, and there is no way someone could be there inconspicuously through the night to catch the activity.

The reason for this Blog is I know how upsetting this has been and how very puzzling. I always felt their interest in me was OTT and not solicitous, and hoped they'd just get used to me. Any kind of obsession or stalking frankly worries me. Not knowing that it has a pattern other people saw, made it harder.

If something similar is happening to you, I hope it helps you to know that other people have indeed had much of this happen. Many have learned to live with it. I am not so sure about my own resilience...

I am also not sure what to do in case it exacerbates the situation, or if I should say something to others who may be snooped on, and I do not know who else may actually be in on it. Some people have such effective blinds or drapes that I can't help wondering if they have been tipped the wink on how to get along.

People are reasonably friendly, though some seem to have stopped wanting to chat. The place can feel eerie with hardly anyone chatting across the fence, to each other in the garden, or when walking the dog. Some vanish inside their boundary when they see someone approach. Is this a learned cultural response?

No comments:

Post a Comment